We have an inclusive ethos where pupils are valued as they are the key to the success of the school and part of the school society and the wider community.
Our objectives reflect the principles of The Equality Act and Walmley Infant School Admissions Policy.
- Identify and provide for pupils who have special educational needs and additional needs
- Work within the guidance provided in the SEND Code of Practice 2015
- Operate a “whole pupil, whole school” approach to the management and provision of support for special educational needs
- Provide a Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-ordinator (SENDCo) who will work with the SEND Policy.
- Provide support and advice for all staff working with SEND pupils
- Raise the aspirations and expectations of all pupils with SEND.
- Promote an atmosphere of encouragement, acceptance and respect for achievements in which all pupils can thrive
- Develop sensitivity to individual needs and a climate of warmth and support in which self confidence and self esteem can grow.
- Promote an attitude which ensures links with parents are always good and nothing is hidden from them.
- Inform parents of the needs and progress of their child and to work in partnership with them.
- To take into account the wishes/views of the child relevant to their age and comprehension ensuring the Child’s Voice is heard and acted upon.
- To ensure every teacher in Walmley Infant School is a teacher of every child including those with SEND.
- To develop a whole school policy for assessment-one in which the curriculum delivery removes all barriers, one where pupils know what is expected of them and one where teachers have high expectations of all pupils and care about their performance.
- To request support and forge links with appropriate outside agencies that will enable children to receive the help they need quickly and effectively.